Suggestions for a good development machine wanted

Dan Levin djl at fisher.UUCP
Wed Jan 22 00:42:25 AEST 1986

> We are looking at a large software development project coming towards us, and
> we need a suitable weapon with which to fight it.

For these types of applications, I like the Symmetric s350,... a lot.
You get...

32000 full chip set machine, including 200,000 FLOPS fpu.  2 Mg. no
wait state ram, 50 Mg. disk, 1.2 Mg. floppy, 4 serial ports that will
do 38400 with n errors in k bytes where n is small and k is big enough.
1 parrellel port, EtherNet interface, and the software.

What software you ask,... full 4.2bsd (paged VM of course), lisp,
prolog, emacs, c, pascal, fortran, basic, spice(?).

All for the low, low price of $8950 prepaid or $9950 postpaid.  To boot,
this thing is about 17x12x6 inches, and 20 lbs.  Carry it in one hand
and your briefcase in the other.

For the skeptics, I have zero connection with Symmetric, other than
a total infatuation with their machine.  I haven't seen anything comparable
for the price.

Contact:
Symmetric Computer Systems,
1620 Oakland Road Suite D200,
San Jose, CA  95131
+1 408 279 0700

--
			***dan

{allegra,astrovax,princeton}!fisher!djl
The misplaced (That car sure is rusty!) Californian