uucp help needed

Bob Page page at ulowell.UUCP
Thu Jan 16 09:16:14 AEST 1986

In article <145 at ulowell.UUCP> I wrote:
> ...  Yesterday I broke uucp between [frosh and ulowell]
>	(2) 'frosh' system had its name changed to 'emu'.

All the responders pointed to the system name change.  There was nothing
wrong with the USERFILE on emu, I could SEE tha.. hmm.  What if I put my
terminal into 'see all control characters' mode?

Well, the last line of the file had no newline.  I added one.  All fixed.

>Please send directly to me as our newsfeed IN has been broken for almost
>a week now.

All fixed here, too.  Unrelated.

Thanks to all who responded.

..Bob

PS Any TCP/sendmail wizards willing to help with another problem?  I want
to set up a ethernet LAN, don't know the format (/etc/hosts, etc) and don't
know how to tell sendmail about it.  Thanks.
--
UUCP: wanginst!ulowell!page          Bob Page
ARPA: page at ulowell.CSNET             University of Lowell