rn again - seeing articles more than once

Brian Reid reid at glacier.ARPA
Mon Jan 6 15:16:08 AEST 1986

I'm the guy who maintains netnews at Stanford, including Shasta where John
Interrante lives. I installed the rn/inews patches a long time ago. They
work some of the time, but not all of the time. Conor Rafferty and I have
spent quite a bit of time hunting down the bug, and we have decided that it
is not worth pursuing further, because 2.10.3 has the rn Xref code already
in it. I trust that it will work better there.

The Xref failure is somehow linked to unbatching, but not in any
deterministic way that I have been able to put my finger on. Since the
consequences of this bug are not dire, we have not devoted a lot of work to
fixing it.
--
	Brian Reid	decwrl!glacier!reid
	Stanford	reid at SU-Glacier.ARPA