How to make JOVE a PD editor ?? (and notes on other editors)

Ozan Yigit oz at yetti.UUCP
Thu Jan 16 01:02:00 AEST 1986

In article <1495 at brl-tgr.ARPA> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>) writes:

>Montgomery's EMACS is available through the UNIX System Toolchest.
>If you have several computers at your installation then it is
>relatively cheap; there is a one-time fixed fee (plus communication
>charges) that covers all your CPUs, and you get complete sources.
	I *know* that. But how is the poor nearby hacker who can
	barely efford xenix or venix for his/her system supposed
	to get it ?? My article was concerned with editors that
	people (ordinary people at that) can get at. As far as my
	private set-up is concerned, I classify as such as well.
	I run VENIX, no sources of course. I personally do not
	own any source licenses, nor am I an educational institution.
	Thus, strictly speaking, monty's emacs is off limits for me
	as well.. In terms of our CS site, I am not really concerned.

Oz
--
Usenet: [decvax|allegra|linus|ihnp4]!utzoo!yetti!oz
Bitnet: oz@[yusol|yuyetti]