windows on normal terminals

Stanley Friesen friesen at psivax.UUCP
Tue Jun 24 08:25:27 AEST 1986

In article <1362 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>this is definitely not so.  My DMD cost something like $4K plus
>1/Nth the cost of the supporting host software, which I think
>is a pretty good deal.  Even Sun workstations are nowhere near
>the $100K price range.

	All fine and good, but this is *still* well above $1K, which
is about all many employers(including mine) will spend for a
terminal/workstation. So, until the price for a DMD equivalent is <
$1K it will be necessary to put up with supporting 24X80 terminals! I
would certainly like to *try* a windowing system on my ADM-11!
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ??