windows on normal terminals

Nigel Holder Marconi nwh at hrc63.UUCP
Tue Jun 10 00:20:14 AEST 1986

>	In a few years most new terminals will probably be high-
>   performance, micros w/ high-resolution bitmap graphics and built-in
>    windowing OS software.  Why fool with this obsolete 24-line stuff?
>
>----
>    :-D avid  K eppel				    ..!ucbvax!pavepaws!keppel

   So - do we all sit around for a few years twiddling out thumbs or
wait in queues to get at those lovely bitmapped screens that are slowly
appearing in large enough numbers around us.  I can't wait until
these grotty 24 line things dissappear - its really a case of what
can I do with what I've got TODAY !  Anyway, writing a windowing
system has taught me quiet a bit about 4.2 that I wouldn't
normally be exposed to - so I'm happy all the same.

Nigel Holder			UK JANET:       yf21 at uk.co.gec-mrc.u
Marconi Research,		ARPA:           yf21%u.gec-mrc.co.uk at ucl-cs
Chelmsford,
Essex. CM2 8HN.

+44 245 73331   ext. 3219 / 3214