ULTRIX

Don Steiny steiny at scc.UUCP
Tue Jun 17 15:53:04 AEST 1986

**

	Not only did DEC change a fundemental data structure
of UNIX in ULTRIX (while claiming to high-heaven that it is
UNIX compatible), they did not bother to document it.  The
manual "man 5 acct" describes the UNIX acct structure,
not the one that ULTRIX uses.

	The fact that the manual does not describe the software
leads me to believe that DEC has not even done the most rudimentry
QA on ULTRIX.    I have found more bugs in 8 hours of using
ULTRIX than I could find in a month of QA on HP's new HP-UX.

--
scc!steiny
Don Steiny @ Don Steiny Software