converting sh scripts to C code

John P. Nelson jpn at teddy.UUCP
Fri Jun 27 07:38:16 AEST 1986

In article <6854 at utzoo.UUCP> henry at utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:
>if you have a modern shell (the ancient Bourne shell that comes with 4BSD
>does not qualify), you may not see all that much improvement.

>If you are not running the SVR2 sh or equivalent, you need to upgrade
>your shell.  Only after that is accomplished is it worth considering
>conversion to C, in my opinion.

No problem, I just plunk down $40000 dollars for a SVR2 source licence
(I can't buy a binary, the binary won't run on my machine), figure out
how to extract the source for sh from the distribution tape (My system
doesn't HAVE cpio, yet that is how AT&T insists on distributing), then
throw the rest of the tape away.  SURE.  I am also in need of a bridge
in brooklyn.

At least an sh to C converter program is AVAILABLE at a sane price.

I sure wish AT&T had a more lenient licensing/upgrade policy.