Favorite operating systems query

aglew at ccvaxa.UUCP aglew at ccvaxa.UUCP
Thu Jun 26 14:25:00 AEST 1986

>WYLBUR is alive and well at various government institutions.
>Aside from Montgomery County Community College, is MUSIC still out
>there anywhere?

By MUSIC, do you mean the infamous McGill University System for
Interactive Computing? Running on IBMs? If so, yeah, it's still out
there, except now it's an official IBM product, with the university
name taken out of it.

The amazing thing about MUSIC is that the guys who wrote it say they based a
lot of its design upon UNIX - and I almost believe them. Everything except
the user interface.

Andy "Krazy" Glew. Gould CSD-Urbana.    USEnet:  ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!aglew
1101 E. University, Urbana, IL 61801    ARPAnet: aglew at gswd-vms