Can I get an AT w/SCO XENIX to read Altos 586 floppies?

Davidsen davidsen at steinmetz.UUCP
Tue Jun 17 08:37:55 AEST 1986

In article <1927 at osu-eddie.UUCP> mdf at osu-eddie.UUCP (Mark D. Freeman) writes:
>Does anyone have a driver or utility that will let me read a floppy made
>on an Altos 586 (tar or mount format) on an IBM-AT running the latest version
>of SCO's XENIX?

If the disk is a 96tpi format with 9 sectors/tk or 15/sectors/tk you
should be able to just read it with the proper device. As far as I can
tell you could also read 8 sectors/tk, but I hope nobody uses it. I
have had best luck with cpio disks, using "oBc" options to create and
"iBcdml" to read (yes I know "l" isn't supposed to work with"i", but it
seems to).
--
	-bill davidsen

  ihnp4!seismo!rochester!steinmetz!--\
                                       \
                    unirot ------------->---> crdos1!davidsen
                          chinet ------/
         sixhub ---------------------/        (davidsen at ge-crd.ARPA)

"Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward"