How Good is the AT&T 6300 Plus?

Joseph D. Shapiro shap at bunker.UUCP
Thu Jun 19 11:45:21 AEST 1986

Ok, so I once wrote:

>> 	point of interest, the 6300 (although i'm not possitive about
>> the plus) is made by Olivetti for AT&T.  The comperable ITT machine is
>> also made by Olivetti.  Olivetti sells it themselves as the M24.  All
>> three machines are identical except for paint and such.

and lots of people told me I was wrong concerning ITT XTRA XP.  I
consider myself flamed, and I probably deserve it, you see my company
(Bunker Ramo) was just bought by Olivetti, and they gave us alot of
hype about how they are the #2 manufacturer of PC's volume-wise in the
world, right behind IBM, and manufacture ATT's 6300, ITT's
somethingorother, and one other major company's offering, I forget who.

Either it wasn't true or it is some other ITT PC, not the XTRA XP.  I
dont know and I shouldn't have guessed.  I do know that the 6300 is the
same as the Olivetti M24, though.

Sorry.
--

Joseph D. Shapiro			"He who hesitates
Bunker Ramo Information Systems		 is lunch"

...ittatc!bunker!shap
...decvax!bunker!shap