How Good is the AT&T 6300 Plus?

The Wumpus aptr at ur-tut.UUCP
Sat Jun 21 04:54:50 AEST 1986

In article <2071 at ihlpg.UUCP> gauldin at ihlpg.UUCP (Mark Gauldin) writes:
>> I haven't seen much on the net about the AT&T 6300 Plus.  Can
>> anyone tell me:
>The 6300+ is a 80286-based IBM compatible manufactured by Olivetti
>for sale by AT&T. It and the 6300 are the same machines that
>Olivetti markets in Europe.
>
>You can also plug in a 80287 coprocessor chip. The 6300+ comes with
>MS-DOS 3.1 and GW-BASIC.

I thought I had better mention that the AT&T 6300 and the 6300+ are
different machines.  The 6300 uses a 8086 while the 6300+ uses an 80286.
This difference is most notable because it that you use an 8087 for the 6300
and an 8027 for the 6300+.

The Wumpus       UUCP:   {seismo,allegra,decvax}!rochester!ur-tut!aptr
                 BITNET: aptrccss at uorvm

Disclaimer: "The videotapes are rigged! The witnesses are corrupt!
     The prosecutors are Nazi drunkards and my client was framed! By
     By the way, he was born-again last Tuesday.  And I have no
     further comment since I certainly wouldn't want to see this case
     tried in the media."
                         -Steve Dallas

            "Yet another triumphant performance of the famed 'Delorean
     Desperation Defense'"
                         -Opus