/bin/true

Chris Robertson chris at toram.UUCP
Thu May 8 02:09:57 AEST 1986

> In article <765 at bentley.UUCP> kwh at bentley.UUCP (KW Heuer) writes:
> >Btw, I never use "true".  ":" is equivalent, and is more likely to be
> >a builtin.  I've never had a use for "false".

In shell scripts, I find setting a variable to "true" or "false" and then
simply saying "if $variable" can often make the code more readable than an
explicit "test" or using a case statement.
--

	Christine Robertson  {ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!toram!chris

	An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if aimed well.