/bin/true

Greg Noel greg at ncr-sd.UUCP
Tue May 6 08:32:30 AEST 1986

In article <523 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.ARPA writes:
>In article <469 at ncr-sd.UUCP> greg at ncr-sd.UUCP (Greg Noel) writes:
>>you have to put in a link on every machine in the world.
>
>No, just on the development machines containing code for that
>machine type.  In particular, "elif" won't evaluate the new
>machine-type command if an earlier instance is satisfied.

Or on any machine to which you ever send code.  The technique is
more general than just for system development......

>N.B. The same machine type should be pre#defined by CPP.

I agree.  I still think that the pre-defined symbols should live in a
(possibly implementation-specificly named) include file that is perusable
by humans; this would also be where the built-in functions would be
#defined.
--
-- Greg Noel, NCR Rancho Bernardo    Greg at ncr-sd.UUCP or Greg at nosc.ARPA