Customer support

Karl Kleinpaste karl at cbrma.UUCP
Thu May 29 23:40:12 AEST 1986

In article <134 at prairie.UUCP> dan at prairie.UUCP (Daniel M. Frank) writes:
>   In short, the ideal would be to talk to someone polite and knowledge-
>able.  My next choice, though, is someone abrasive and knowledgeable.
>Most folks, in my experience, aren't irate when they START trying to
>get support.  They are irate after talking to a bunch of ignorami,
>polite or not, for a few hours.

I agree wholeheartedly, with one qualification: If you're in the habit
of having to talk to said bunch of ignorami on a regular basis, just
the prospect of having to do so again can lead one to irritation, even
before making the call.  A history of having ignorami answering the
phones at your company will lead to people becoming progressively more
irritated from the outset of a support request, not just after having
chased down the first N phone numbers given.
--
Karl Kleinpaste