eqn on a Diablo 630: Yuk!

Col. G. L. Sicherman colonel at ellie.UUCP
Fri May 30 03:54:15 AEST 1986

This is an old one.  If you can find a printwheel that's got everything
you want, then just
  make up a driver,
  get your friendly neighborhood syshack to install it,
  invoke nroff with the -T630 option.
(Or use ditroff and write a ditroff driver!  But first you need a
ditroff driver.)

If you need more than one printwheel, you're in trouble.  You can
(1) fake the Greek characters with composites;
(2) switch printwheels back and forth.

I've seen UCSD software that would print a page in two passes!  You
switched wheels between passes.

If you can fake the Greeks, just code the movements into the nroff
driver.  If you need to switch back and forth, well ... A friend of
mine had that problem once, and I wrote a postprocessor for nroff
that paused when a wheel switch was called for.  It _might_ still
be around....
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
UU: ...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel