desktop super computers

Howard D. Leadmon howardl at tekline.UUCP
Thu Oct 23 09:09:14 AEST 1986

In article <4631 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, STONE at SUMEX-AIM.arpa (Jeffrey Stone) writes:
> Does anyone know of any companies that are developing or selling systems
> that might fits the general description: "desktop supercomputer"?
>
> All responses appreciated.
>
> Jeffrey Stone
> Menlo Park, CA
> -------

   Hello Jeff,
 I am not quite sure what you mean by 'supercomputer', but as far as desktop
goes I consider the COMPAQ-386 one super machine. My company is in the process
of installing a 386 computer in an eight user configuration for a client. We
soon hope to have a full package deal turnkey system avalible. I am told that
I will soon see a 80386 UNIX SYSV port avalible (instead of the 80286 version)
which will make the 386 an easy 6 to 10 times more powerful than an IBM-AT.
Well that is my two cents for what it is worth....

					Howard Leadmon
					PATH: ..cp1!tekline!howardl

P.S. -  I don't need any flames from the 68000 crowd, since I am using a
       68000 machine at this moment, and love it dearly too..