desktop super computers

Steve Minneman stevem at fai.UUCP
Wed Oct 29 11:29:05 AEST 1986

In article <4631 at brl-smoke.ARPA> STONE at SUMEX-AIM.arpa (Jeffrey Stone) writes:
>Does anyone know of any companies that are developing or selling systems
>that might fits the general description: "desktop supercomputer"?
>
>All responses appreciated.
>
>Jeffrey Stone
>Menlo Park, CA
>-------

I'm not sure what you define as a supercomputer, but the closest thing I
know of that really fits on a desk is the Convergent Technologies S/50
(also known as the AT&T 7300).

On the other extreme, the smallest computer, that I would really consider
a supercomputer is the ELXSI System 6400.  With their new 6420 cpu they
rival a Cray 1.
--
---

		Steven A. Minneman (Fujitsu America Inc, San Jose, Ca)
		!seismo!amdahl!fai!stevem  or !ihnp4!pesnta!fai!stevem

The best government is no government at all.