nroff/tex

Bruce Langdon langdon at lll-lcc.UUCP
Thu Oct 16 15:33:47 AEST 1986

In article <438 at ubc-cs.UUCP>, manis at ubc-cs.UUCP writes:
> while TeX runs on
> most computers known to humanity, troff runs on UNIX, which runs on most
> computers known to humanity. True enough, but computing centre managements
> which don't run UNIX generally aren't enthusiastic about switching to a
> mainframe UNIX port just so some of their users can do troff.

...and even if yours would, there are good reasons to use TeX on UNIX.

A Berkeley prof and I wrote a book typeset with troff/eqn for McGraw-Hill.
Now I need parts of this --but in TeX. Here at LLL, Lila Chase and I wrote
a set of filters using sed and lex that convert an in-house text+math
typesetter sources (nearly) to TeX. Does anything like that exist
to convert troff/eqn sources (nearly) to TeX?

For that matter, does anyone have ANY info or filters to convert
Wang, Multimate files to ASCII files that can be given to TeX with
a little hand editting?
	Bruce Langdon  L-472                langdon at lll-lcc.ARPA
	Physics Department                  "langdon#bruce%d at lll-mfe.ARPA"
	Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
	Livermore, CA 94550                 (415) 422-5444
UUCP: ..{ihnp4,qantel,ucdavis,pyramid,styx}!lll-lcc!langdon
                  ..{gymble,seismo}!lll-crg!lll-lcc!langdon