Use of n option for ld(1)

Steve Barber barber at rabbit1.UUCP
Fri Oct 31 11:56:20 AEST 1986

In article <727 at ptsfc.UUCP>, jgw at ptsfc.UUCP (John Weald) writes:

> Does the -n flag do anything else on other flavors of UNIX?

I have used a version of IN/ix (from Interactive Systems Corp,
writers of PC/ix, PC RT AIX and, I believe, IX/370, to name a few)
that used the -n flag to basically switch between the Intel "compact"
(64K total I & D) and "small" (64K each I & D) memory models.  I never
tried to use it running under IN/ix, but I did use it for generating
larger run files that I was downloading to a front end board....

This particular version of IN/ix was System III - based an ran on an
unamed 80186 based UNIX machine.

--
Steve Barber    Rabbit Software Corp.
...!ihnp4!{cbmvax,cuuxb}!hutch!barber  ...!psuvax1!burdvax!hutch!barber