(Used to be:) Porting UNIX Applications to the Mac (Now:) editors

Mitchell Waite mitch at well.UUCP
Fri Sep 26 12:14:50 AEST 1986

I extensively use the Macintosh with a UNIX interface via a 1200 baud modem.
I have discovered that the easy thing to do is use a simple Macintosh text
only word processor, such as MockWrite (a desk accessory) to write off line,
then paste the text from the Mac clipboard, to the UNIX file system. For
example, after opening a text file in MockWrite you copy it to the Mac
clipboard, go back to the UNIX prompt, do a 'cat > filename' do a paste, and
when your text is done pasting, type a control-d. It is a fast and simple
process compared to trying to use vi to create and edit files. The big
problem to me is the 1200 baud. Its too slow for a good text editor, like
MacWrite.

Mitchell Waite