Porting UNIX Applications to the Mac

Mario O. Bourgoin mob at mit-amt.MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 29 02:45:14 AEST 1986

> Your probably just to lazy to learn vi, it is inifinitely
> flexible compared to any other editor.

Allright,   try this for   a change: make  vi  behave like  Emacs,  my
favorite editor. We already know that Emacs can behave like vi  pretty
easily. Show that it goes the other way: that should be a good test of
flexibility.

The  persons whom I know  use vi look terribly  clumsy when  using it.
All those keystrokes! All that careful  thought about "How am I  going
to do this?"  And they've used it for more  than six  years!!  And the
work that they do to get effects that are easy to do in Emacs!!!

Show me that vi "is infinitely flexible compared to" Emacs.

--Mario

P.S. After your comment about  wasted space, why  did you include  the
rest of the other person's article in yours?