Porting UNIX Applications to the Mac

Silver gaynor at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU
Tue Sep 16 16:07:33 AEST 1986

Pierce T. Wetter (...!tybalt.caltech.edu!wetter) writes:

> Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
> Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
> Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I think it's just this kind of discussion that John Bruner was trying
to avoid when he expressed a preference, with all the disclaimers that
he was expressing his opinion.  Although I myself would enjoy hearing
your (netwide) opinions on the subject of user interfaces, I wouldn't
want to read them hear.  It is enough to say, "The interfaces Foo,
Bar, Bletch-II, and even Bletch are popular, and will have to be
considered in this discussion.".  Discussions of their relative merits
is better held in, oh, probably net.cog-eng (or if there's a
talk.interface going...).

Just trying to nip a heated-argument-that-doesn't-belong-here in the bud,
Silver.

Silver (argyros (greek), argentum (latin))

  Silver is the whitest and most reflective of the metals, also having
  the highest thermal and electrical conductivity.  It is second only
  to gold in malleability and ductility.

  name: Andy Gaynor
  e-address: ...!topaz!gaynor
  address: 19 Evergreen Drive, Denville, 7 Raven Drive, Morristown
  phone: 627-8953, 267-8660

  atomic symbol: Ag       atomic number: 47  atomic weight: 107.88
  isotopes: 107 (0.5135), 109 (0.4865)       melting point: 950.5 C
  boiling point: 1950 C   density: 10.49     hardness: 2.5 - 3.0