Use of ``vi'' for business office word-processing

L Reid lar at inuxc.UUCP
Mon Sep 8 23:52:28 AEST 1986

> ... so, tell me, what are the ADVANTAGES of word-processing
> software (like Lyric, Wordstar, etc.) over the standard UNIX editing/formatting
I, too, prefer vi and nroff/troff over "true" word processing packages.
But, our secretaries/clerks, when exposed to the other packages
preferred them.

Although flexible, nroff/troff is not easy to learn for non-technical
people.  I know managers who prefer other WP software to nroff/troff.

Laura Reid

(Sorry, but my last posting of this got real garbles somehow.  GREMLINS!)