Use of ``vi'' for business office word-processing

Alex B Laney alex at xios.UUCP
Fri Sep 26 23:52:53 AEST 1986

In article <1242 at inuxc.UUCP> lar at inuxc.UUCP (L Reid) writes:
>Although flexible, nroff/troff is not easy to learn for non-technical
>people.  I know managers who prefer other WP software to nroff/troff.
Let me add -- nroff/troff is not easy to master period. As someone who has
occasionally edited macros, let me say they are never "Perfect". At any time
that non-computer people tried to learn vi and nroff, it would always
backlog them. I have not seen the 4.3 "me" macros, but I know the 4.2 "me"
macros have bugs in them. (Like everything else on 4.2 :-) The Unix standard
packages are for the converted.

--
			- + - + -
 Alex Laney, Xios Systems Corp, 105-1600 Carling Av, Ottawa (613)725-5411x402
				    > !dciem
	   allegra!ihnp4!utcsri --	      > nrcaer!xios!lib!alex
ucbvax!hplabs --			     /
		> !seismo!hadron!netex!prcrs/
      decvax --