Use of ``vi'' for business office word-processing

Tim Smith tim at ism780c.UUCP
Sat Sep 13 10:22:17 AEST 1986

In article <709 at cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> higgin at cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom) writes:

>The combination of vi, nroff, troff, etc., and the Unix utilities do provide,
>for those that are computer literate or will take quite a lot of time to
>learn, a great deal of flexibility.

When cithep ( Caltech high energy physics ) got a VAX, the secretaries
started learning nroff and troff.  They had ed ( and maybe qed ) instead
of vi.

They became good at these tools as quicky as most of the computer literate
people.  Don't underestimate your secretary.
--
I admit it!  I don't believe in Mary Worth!  I Lied!  HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!

Tim Smith       USENET: sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim   Compuserve: 72257,3706
		Delphi or GEnie: mnementh