/usr/include/sys/sysinfo.h

John B. Milton jbm at uncle.UUCP
Fri Feb 5 10:18:03 AEST 1988

Hey folks. I don't read this group very often, so I need a reply by email.

I found /usr/include/sys/sysinfo.h to be interesting. There is a structure
sysinfo that I want to get some stuff out of. In this file is:
extern struct sysinfo sysinfo;
This is all fine and good, but sysinfo is in /unix. This is not the sort of
thing you find laying around in a library. How does one ld this sort of
thing?
nm -x /unix | grep sysinfo
gives me:
sysinfo             |0x00026ea0|extern|                 |      |     |.bss

I am trying to accomplish this on an AT&T UNIXpc. My guess is that there is
a trick with the /lib/shlib.ifile that can be made to work, since that must
be how shared libraries are being done anyway. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to goof around in the kernal for fun, and this is where I'm stuck
right now. BTW how does one know the format of /dev/kmem?

John

--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, {ihnp4|cbosgd}!n8emr!uncle!jbm
home: (614) 294-4823, work: (614) 459-7641, FLAME via email :)