trivia, core dump? okie dokie

sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Fri Aug 25 00:23:17 AEST 1989

From: Steve Hayman <sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>

>  I don't know offhand if "Okie dokie" is a Steve
>  Haymanism or stock Mail message.

It wouldn't be fair to challenge people to find a message that
you'd added yourself to a program.  The "Okie dokie" is stock
Mail behaviour.  (You can also get 'Okie dokie' with a "~C" when
composing a message.)

More mail trivia - if you get mail sufficiently confused while it
tries to optimize a network name, it will print

	"Sorry -- dumping now. Alert K. Shoens".

I'm sure Kurt Shoens - a Berkeley person who wrote "mail" 11 years ago - is
patiently standing by, waiting for your call.

..Steve

--
Steve Hayman    Workstation Manager    Computer Science Department   Indiana U.
sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu                                    (812) 855-6984