trivia, core dump? okie dokie

Dermot G. Harriss dgharriss at watmath.waterloo.edu
Thu Aug 24 23:15:46 AEST 1989

In article <16085 at watdragon.waterloo.edu> jmsellens at watdragon.waterloo.edu (John M. Sellens) writes:
>In article <6250 at watdcsu.waterloo.edu> walter at watdcsu.waterloo.edu (W. McCutchan - Computing Services) writes:
>>What is the simplest/shortest/bestest way to get "okie dokie" to print on
>>your screen.
>Is this like a contest, or do you want something usable?  By lots of
>measures, the best way is
>    echo okie dokie

I think the poster is probably recalling one of the Steve Hayman/tcj
"how to X with the fewest possible keystrokes" trivia contests.

In this case, I recall that Mail will respond "Okie dokie -- Core dumped"
if you type "core" in response to its prompt.  So, assuming you have mail
in your spool queue, and "mail" is an alias (link) to Mail (it usually is),
that's 8 keystrokes.  I don't know offhand if "Okie dokie" is a Steve
Haymanism or stock Mail message.

Cheers,
							-- Dermot