System V IPC has no REMOVE_ON_EXIT bit

Bradley C. Spatz bcs at beach.cis.ufl.edu
Mon Jun 12 17:26:50 AEST 1989

In article <1151 at altos86.UUCP> clp at altos86.Altos.COM (Chuck L. Peterson) writes:

>Am I missing something incredibly obvious, or does System V
>IPC lack a bit which indicates that the shared memory, semaphore, or
>message should be removed automatically when my process exits?
>This would be an ultra-cool feature if I could ever figure out how
>to do it.

I know there is a SEM_UNDO bit used with the semop call, and I'm pretty
sure there are similar bits for message queues and shared memory, even
though normal scheduling mechanisms might be sufficient for the latter.

Get a hold of a comprehensive reference for Sys V...
Bradley C. Spatz                               Internet:  bcs at beach.cis.ufl.edu
Computer and Information Sciences                BITNET:  spatz at uffsc.bitnet
College of Engineering
Univeristy of Florida               "School IS hell" -- Matt Groening