Screen Manager for Unix terminals

john.k.ahn ahn at cbnewsh.ATT.COM
Thu Jan 4 18:03:15 AEST 1990

Hello,

Can anyone point to me to Screen Manager packages available to support
Unix terminals?  I would like the screen manager to handle menus,
forms, windowing, and keyboard entries.  The screen manager must work
with terminals like VT100, so it rules out GUIs like OpenLook, motif, etc.

I have briefly heard about package called C-Scape, but I am not sure
if this will do what I want.  Even if it does, I don't know how to get
it.

I know some 4-GL packages will also do what I want.  However, most
4-GLs are tied to a database system and I don't really want to get a
whole database system just to do screen management.

In other words, I need something more powerful than curses, but less
than a 4-GL based on a DBMS.

Any pointers and/or your experience with any such packages will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John K. Ahn
AT&T Bell Laboratories
jahn at homxc.ATT.COM

There is no way I can be speaking on behalf of AT&T, since it has
no idea what I am doing here.