curses standout()

Kevin STOCK - MIS Compta kstock at gouldfr.encore.fr
Wed Jul 4 11:08:14 AEST 1990

> simply doesn't work! (this function is used with standend() to make text
> appear in reverse video).
> i am using a TELEVIDEO model 910+, 920c and 910g type terminal, the problem
> is that the function DOES work with a vt100 type terminal.

Your program looked OK to me, except that refrsh() should be
refresh() - I assume that's just a typo. I suspect that your
termcap (or terminfo) doesn't include definitions for standout
and standend. For termcap, you need to add the fields so=... and
se=... (check the terminal manual for the exact sequences).

,-+-------------. |    Kevin Stock
| | E N C O R E | |
| `-------------+-'    kstock at gouldfr.encore.fr
`---------------'      kstock at gouldfr.UUCP

Any opinions expressed are my own, but may be reproduced under the terms
of the GNU licence. See the file COPYING at the end of this posting. :-)