"User Friendly" shells for UNIX

Ed Gaudet ejg at ednor.UUCP
Wed Jul 4 10:56:29 AEST 1990

>bobd at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Bob Debula) writes:
>
>>*Sigh*  Please don't flame me for this, but there are those in our
>>organization who want to know if there are any "user friendly" shells
>>for UNIX (be they Public Domain or commercial).  I personally like
>>UNIX just fine, but the specific interest is in VMS look alikes for
>>UNIX.  Any pointers to "user friendly" shells (vms or non-vms;
>>commercial or Public Domain) would be greatly appreciated. Next I'll
>>probably be out searching for "CP/M or MS/DOS like shells"; It's
>>depressing :-(
>
>Intergraph customers have been experiencing the same thing your users are --
>the need for a migration path from VMS to UNIX. As far as the shell goes, we
>offer a third party solution from Boston Business Computing. Its called VCL.
>It is a complete implementation of DCL -- including logical names, command
>procedures, and lexical functions.
>
>I don't have the address or phone number to BBC. Maybe they're listening??? :-)
>
>--
>Brady P. Merkel
>Intergraph Corporation
>Huntsvill, Alabama
>uunet!ingr!b11!brady

We sure are listening!!:-)

To contact Boston Business Computing, please write or call us at:

	Boston Business Computing, Ltd.
	Three Dundee Park
	Andover, MA  01810
	(508) 470-0444 ext.1
	Fax: (508) 474-9244

Besides VCL, a VMS emulation for UNIX, we offer the following products:

EDT+, an emulation of VAX EDT with windows, UNDO, and other EVE features.

Vmail, a VMS mail interface for UNIX.

Vbackup, a VMS BACKUP utility for UNIX that reads and writes VMS BACKUP
tapes on UNIX systems.

Ed Gaudet