Wordperfect under unix - opinions?

Joseph La Gaipa lagaipa%moncol at princeton.edu
Sat Jul 14 06:54:06 AEST 1990

I can offer that we at Monmouth College have a license for 100
users on our Administrative Computer which is a DEC 5810 under Ultrix.
We we recently BETA users prior to the production release.
Currently our 5810 is being setup under the DATATEL administrative
software and WP4.2 for wordprocessing.

WP 4.2 is working well.  Currently we only have about 16 users
because it's early in the coversion process but performance is
outstanding.

WP4.2 provides numerous terminal interfaces which fall in three
categories.  Recommended, Supported, and workable but not recommended.
I think anything without function keys would be difficult to use.
I use a PC emulating a VT220 over Ethernet PC/TCP.  This works nice,
however I had to make my own template since two mappings were involved.
Key combinations are however different than the PC combinations that
I am use to on the PC version.  Its a little awkward at first.