Motorola S Record -> COFF problem

Frank Merrow frank at odetics.com
Sat Oct 13 18:31:10 AEST 1990

In article <2167 at megadon.UUCP> you write:
>My mom has a problem:
>
>  She has a cross compiler that produces S Records instead of executables.
>
>  She has a target machine running UNIX that expects executables in
>  COFF format.
>
>The compiler is from Oasys and the target machine is a
>ModComp machine running a real time UNIX varient called REALIX.

Hi,

First the key to everything is the LINKER not the compiler.  Second check
your manual carefully since it seems to me that OASYS WILL produce COFF
records.  In fact we have one project here (using OASYS) where we dump
the COFF records directly into our emulator, but have to run a special
utility to generate S2 records when we need to blow proms.

Frank
frank at odetics.com