Compiling less73 on 6386

Xing Wu wuxing at compsys.mu.edu
Sat Oct 13 18:28:06 AEST 1990

[the beginning of this was chopped off, so I don't know what you wrote
before here]
>a later version, I'd be grateful) on a 6386 with the "Standard C
>DEvelopment Environment" R5.0/3, and am running into a problem in
>screen.c.

>Specifically, since I've defined TERMIO in the makefile, it expects to
>find the definition of the structure "winsize" somewhere (ioctl.h,
>maybe?) but it isn't there.  Could someone provide that definition for
>me, or perhaps point me in a better direction for that routine?

I've put less up on about 7 different architectures; it required hacking
on the 386 unix's and the Mac AUX systems.  As I recall, there was a
problem in the file screen.c, and I think it was with winsize.  What
I did was just #ifdef'ed the offending portions of the code out (or
otherwise hacked it until it compiled).

No, I don't have the patched source handy.  It's at work, with no easy
way to get it to here.