curses standout()

Phong Vo[drew] kpv at ulysses.att.com
Thu Oct 11 09:30:08 AEST 1990

In article <2128 at megadon.UUCP>, peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
: In article <3653 at zorba.Tynan.COM> uunet!ncoast.ORG!allbery (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:
: > Curses was written for ANSI X3.64 terminals, however
:
: Minor nitpick... curses was written "for" adm3a, hp2621, and h19 terminals
: Peter da Silva.   `-_-'

Maybe I lost some early part of the thread, but curses,
at least the one that I wrote (SysVr3.2 or later), is for all
character terminals that can place the cursor at a random point on the screen.
It handles video attributes for all the HP26* and TVI* terminals
efficiently and correctly (as correct as possible for the TVI-variety).
It also knows about multi-byte/multi-column characters (Japanese, Chinese).
	Phong Vo, att!ulysses!kpv