General whining about slowness of 3b1....

J. Eric Townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Wed Apr 12 13:37:32 AEST 1989

Ok, here's the situation:

Pascal programming assignment: read in a file of around 1400 words, sort
them into a binary search tree, with a linked list at each node keeping track
of every line that that word exists on.  After you've built the tree,
read it out in order (from lowest to highest) and print out the linked
list associated with each word.  Pretty simple to code, actually, and it
only took about 10K of source code. (w/ comments).

In the time it takes this program to run on a 3b1 (w/ only kermit running
in the background) I kermited the source to the vax at UH at 1200bps,
compiled it, linked it ran it, and read the output (21K) at 1200 bps.

I started writing this when I finished reading the output from UH's vax.
The 3b1 just finished with it's output.

Would somebody *PLEASE* figure out a way to get more ponies into my

--
 "Enter, oh seeker of knowledge... That's *YOU*, fathead!"
J. Eric Townsend