HDB Grading is it available in the UNIX PC version?

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Wed Apr 5 12:24:04 AEST 1989

For those who don't have HDB, skip this message ...  I'm not crazy for
posting about HDB here, lots of us have it ... so I'm sure someone can
answer my question!

Does anyone know if the HDB Grading works with the UNIX pc version? I'm
not sure if this has been asked before, I've played with it a bit, but
couldn't get anything to work... What I want to do is basically send mail
to a particular site ON DEMAND *all* day, but only send news after the
rates get lower (or when the poll for it).

According to some documentation on HDB, the correct syntax is in the
Systems file to put:

system	Any/A,Any2300-0700;5  ... [rest of the line follows] ..

Then if the mail is queued up at "grade A" it will go out anytime, but
anything else will have to wait to 11:00PM to 7:00AM (with a retry time
of 5 minutes).  I know the uucp and uux command have grades with the "-g"
option, but does uucico look at them?  Is my syntax wrong?  Or am
I just crazy ;-)?

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576