uucico: NO DEVICE

Cliff Spencer cspencer at spdcc.COM
Thu Jan 12 14:06:51 AEST 1989

I'm trying to bring up uucp 3.51 on a 3b1. I have not run any
configuration stuff from ua other than to set the date. When I
try to run uucico it reads the L-devices file, but then exits
with NO DEVICE. I notice that cu won't operate without an L-devices
entry for DIR so I imagine I am missing a configuration detail.
L.sys looks like this:

	remotesys Any ACU 1200 5551212 etc
and L-devices:

	ACU tty000 hayes 1200
	DIR tty000 0 9600

As I said, my problem is that uucp won't even touch the line. I
don't suspect modem signals since cu can open the port.
Any help is appreciated.

p.s. the modem is a Trailblazer, but I want to get 1200 to work first.