Perl may be great, but... (was Re: uutraffic report (in perl))

r.peterson roe at sobmips.UUCP
Wed Dec 6 14:02:36 AEST 1989

>From article <5309 at omepd.UUCP>, by merlyn at iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz):
>
> V7 did *not* have cut and paste! [ ... ]
> If you had it on your V7 box, you weren't running out-of-the-box V7.

Maybe not.  But, they were in the V7 distribution we ported in 1976.  IMHO,
anything that has been available in non-bsd distribution for 13 years
should be part of *all* unix distributions.
--
One makes strong assumptions delving	       Roe Peterson
into the beginning of the universe...	       {uunet,mcgill-vision}!sobeco!roe