copyright notices (was: Re: UNIX-Time the right way ...)

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Tue Dec 4 01:03:05 AEST 1990

In article <2761 at cirrusl.UUCP> dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>If the purpose of that copyright notice is to ensure correct author
>attribution, then it is enough to state that, e.g., "permission is
>granted to use...etc...provided this copyright notice is preserved."

if you or anyone else have real suggestions (like the exact wording),
i'd appreciate seeing them.  however, as this is the first time i've
seen any complaints, and as it is the exact same wording i've been
using for three years, i am having a hard time believing that anyone
is really having trouble with that copyright notice.

seriously, if you have some "favorite" 4 or 5 line copyright notice
that you think is better, mail it to me.
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org