TIMESTAMP: a useful file filter by last modified time

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Tue Jul 3 05:24:29 AEST 1990

In various articles discussing TIMESTAMP
> [...]

I needed something to operate on files based on the time stamp with better
granularity than find as well.  My approach was to write a program which
simply lists the files on the command line with their age in seconds.  I
can then use standard shell tools to manipulate them.  For example, the
following code lets me delay batching ihave/sendme in C News by 24 hours:

if [ -r $NEWSARTS/holding/* ]
then
	for i in `age $NEWSARTS/holding/* | awk '{if ($2 >86400) print $1}'`
	do
		cat $i | rnews && rm -f $i
	done
fi

I never posted the code because it is so trivial but if any one wants it
let me know.  I will email or post depending on the response.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |   Government:
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   Organized crime with an attitude