Comp.sources.unix and replacing Rich Salz

Bill Davidson billd at fps.com
Thu Nov 29 10:21:25 AEST 1990

In article <10820 at rayssd.ssd.ray.com> gmp at quahog.ssd.ray.com (Greg Paris) writes:
>The people I don't understand are the Rabid Salz Defenders.  The
>newsgroup has been next to worthless for well more than a year now.
>How can they defend the job he's been doing?  One may like the guy
>personally, fine, but please recognize that he's been doing nothing,
>effectively, for comp.sources.unix for a long time.

I assume you mean people like me.

In the last year he's posted about 40-50 software packages accounting for
about 7 megabytes of compressed archives (based upon a du of my archive
directories).  Many of these packages are extremely useful (perl, nn
gawk, sc, flex, vixie-cron, and others).  I wouldn't call that next to
worthless.

I admit that it would be nice if things could be sped up but I'm not
terribly worried.  I don't need to get a fix on new sources every
week.  I have real work to do and usenet itself is enough of a
distraction as it is.

--Bill Davidson