Xhash - choke cough gasp wheeze

Sean Casey sean at ms.uky.edu
Sun Apr 21 04:05:31 AEST 1991

Another piece of software posted as Threatware. "I'll see that this
automatically gets stored on your system. But if you use it more than
30 days without paying, you're breaking the law."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I wonder what the publically funded network administrators would say
to this unauthorized use of their resources for direct commercial
gain? Wouldn't it be interesting if they threatened to pull plugs for
passing this manure?

X			    NOTICE ! ! ! !
X	X_HASH IS >SHAREWARE< ! YOU MUST READ AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS
X	IN THIS FILE IF YOU WISH TO USE THIS DATA IN ANY WAY!!!
X		X_HASH IS (C)1991 BY KENNETH JAMIESON
X			 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
X	* You may use this code for thirty (30) days before payment is
X	  due. This evaluation period begins when you first access this
X	  code. After that time, you must register this code.
X	* Registration allows you to use this code for an unlimited
X	  period of time. Not: registration does NOT remove the
X	  restriction on use in commercial code.

X	Whew! Well, now that that is out of the way I feel better!

He shouldn't...

Sean
--
** Sean Casey  <sean at s.ms.uky.edu>