MDG - Neat, but Something's not working...

Hermann Behrens nyse at nicedel.north.de
Sat Feb 23 13:27:02 AEST 1991

cluther at supernet.dallas.haus.com (Clay Luther) writes:

Hello mdg-players.

>I compiled MDG up tried to run it.  The daemon chugs merrily along, invoking
>mdg_clock.  Mdg, when run, displays the start up screen.  However, it fails
>to connect to the mdg_daemon, saying it doesn't respond, and terminates.

It is important, that mdg finds a default in mdg_dir/players/.

A friend of me(theb at ed209.north.de) has examined the structure of the
players-file. Here it comes:
-----
name
gold
spells[0] ... spells[12]
spells[13] ... spells[25]
max_hp:hitpoints
max_mp:magicpts
fighting
[loc.sector/home]
lives
time
createpts
al = alignment
-----
These are the fields in a normal player-filed. And here is an example:

-----
wizard
1000
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
100:0
100:0
0
[0/0]
1
0
0
al = 0
-----

I hope, the author will post a better players-field.

Money is very important to buy a spell(i think, lihting is good in the
beginning).

ciao, Hermann Behrens
--
Hermann Behrens | Bremerstr. 323 | 2870 Delmenhorst
V32bis/V42bis/HST : 04221/71931 login: gast no passwd.