CRISP: tacky use of my splay tree code.

Norman S. Soley soley at ontenv.UUCP
Sat Mar 11 04:32:26 AEST 1989

In article <2706 at rtech.rtech.com>, daveb at rtech.rtech.com (Dave Brower) writes:
: I'd tried to encourage the use of splay trees by posting a library in
: comp.sources.unix last year.  The code in CRISP is obviously derived
: from my library, but contains not a whit of credit from me or
: acknowledgement of the source.
:
: Now, I didn't put in an explicit copyright, ... So it is really galling
: to see a copyright on this editor that uses my code without permission or
: acknowledgement.
:
: Phthhhhpt!!! to you Mr Fox.  It is tacky at best to rip code off and
: imply that it is yours.  How much else of CRISP did you steal?

Well, you're in good company Dave, Mr. Fox also seems to be claiming
ownership of Doug Gwyn's directory access library

--
Norman Soley - Data Communications Analyst - Ontario Ministry of the Environment
UUCP:	uunet!mnetor!ontmoh!ontenv!soley	| Contents of this message are