Quality programming in c -- a rarity?

Robert Viduya robert at gitpyr.UUCP
Sat Feb 16 12:57:56 AEST 1985

><
Posted from  bsa at ncoast.UUCP (Brandon Allbery)
> PLEASE try to remember that not all of us run Berkeley Unix, and not
> all of us can *afford* to run Berkeley Unix.  Our compiler routinely
> chokes on long identifiers in Berzerker programs.

I was browsing through the System V Release 2.0 Programming Guide last
night and they say that an the C compiler for Vax-11 and their 3B20
both support external name sizes of ">100 characters, 2 cases".  So it
isn't just Berkeley that supports long identifiers.

			robert
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert