Macro parameters getting substituted into strings

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Sun Apr 10 18:42:38 AEST 1988

In article <1039 at mcgill-vision.UUCP> mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP (der Mouse) writes:
>Then we are faced with a loss of functionality.  Suddenly there is no
>way to define _IO or CTRL that is compatible with existing usage.

There never was a guaranteed way to do this.  Some people found that
they could exploit a bug in the Reiser preprocessor so they did.  I
don't have a lot of sympathy for them, since when I was faced with
this choice I did it the portable way even though I was using only
Reiser preprocessors at the time.