TC++ Utils and mouse problems

Andrew Burt aburt at isis.UUCP
Fri Jul 13 14:36:41 AEST 1990

In article <7790 at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM> toma at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Tom Almy) writes:
>In article <AV.90Jul12093734 at kielo.uta.fi> av at uta.fi (Arto Viitanen) writes:

(Talking about TC++ util programs locking up and requiring a reboot).

>>Yes, I had quite similar problems. They disappered, when I changed NNANSI.SYS
>>ansi-driver to NANSIS.SYS ansi-driver.

>Yep, sad but true. I am the author of NNANSI.SYS (an "improved version" of
>NANSI.SYS which I did not write), and your description is correct.

But don't be so quick to accept this as the final word...

I get turbo debugger (td386) to lock up every time, and this is with
nothing special running (no nansi.sys, etc.).  It is with the same (large)
program; I haven't tried other code yet.

I haven't bothered to call them on it, given that they'll just claim
they know nothing about it.  But anyway, it fails for me regularly. :-(

If anyone out there has other ideas... let's hear em.

(I did call them with another problem and I am (still) very disappointed
in Borland's tech support.  On this particular program, using overlays,
it routinely gets an exception 13 (which is nowhere documented in any
of the Borland manuals, BTW).  This happens in the startup code, i.e.,
before main.  Without overlays, it runs fine.  Anyway, tech support says
if I mail in the code, or the usual recreation-via-small-program,
they'll look into it -- in THREE MONTHS.  Geez, this program is
scheduled for release in two!  Anyway, I tried to get them to let me
have a copy of the overlay manager source code, but they were very
prissy about it and have so far said no way.  At this point I'm
debugging it via the disassembly, but of course having to reboot
every time I want to quit the debugger is a major nuisance!)

--
Andrew Burt 				   			uunet!isis!aburt
								or aburt at du.edu

                            "Kwyjibo on the loose!"